Yay it’s Fall! Normal routines are in full swing, work is more productive and you feel like you can take on the world.
Then it starts, a few kids at school get sick and all those nasty bugs start spreading like wildfire.
As a busy mom you know that when you or a family member are sick your house, family schedule and your business suffer.
Once you are feeling better you are so far behind in everything that you are overwhelmed with piles. Inevitably once you are healthy, caught up and productive again someone else in your family comes down with the next thing going around.
What are you supposed to do? Live in a bubble from September thru May?
Since living in a bubble is obviously not an option…
Here are 3 tips on how you can keep your family well this year.
These tips will help you get over any sickness you do catch quicker so you can stay caught up on life!
1. Stop eating junk!
Sorry, I know you hear this all the time but let’s take a realistic look at this. Junk is: Sugar, fried foods, fast foods, processed foods.
That stuff is not helping your body function or your kids. Would you pour nasty old fast food restaurant grease instead of water into your garden and expect it to grow well? Well then don’t expect to put that stuff into you or your kids’ body and expect it to run well.
When you starve your body of the necessary healthy ingredients and fill it with junk you produce a body that is open and susceptible to attack. The occasional fast food and treat are okay (I mean we ordered a pizza tonight, just sayin’) but don’t let this be a daily habit.
Reality: It doesn’t take that much extra time to create healthy, non-processed meals and snacks to feed your family.
2. Stop the crud before it starts!
You can be preventative. There are some very simple things you can to do avoid most of the crud. You will catch some bugs. There hasn’t been a year yet that we have been sick free. We have, however, been able to keep the amount of sickness down and get over stuff quickly without secondary infections.
Here are the things we use to prevent the common bugs and crud.
- Take a daily vitamin, vitamin C, vitamin D3, minerals and probiotics. Ask your naturopath to tell you how much you can safely take.
- Drink 1 cup of 100% grape juice a day or the day you are exposed to a lot of people and you have heard the pukes are going around. Grape juice is said to help keep the tummy bug away. We also take 1-2 activated charcoal tablets (I open them up and dump them in a cup of water for the kids) if we have been exposed to a large amount of people. Note that this has to be taken 2 hours before or after food and vitamins/supplements. It absorbs everything and carries it out of the body.
- Live balanced, drink lots of water, keep your body on a regular schedule as much as possible by getting up at the same time and going to bed at the same time. Get plenty of sleep, exercise regularly, and do things that de-stress you like yoga, playing with the kids, reading a book, etc.
3. Kill it while it’s young!
Kill it while it’s young! At the first sign of anything thing you feel, take something to kill it! We love to take homeopathy at the first sign of a bug. Also use essential oils.
I have a whole list of things with descriptions that you can take when you feel the first sign of sickness. Wether it’s a sore throat, ouchy ear, aching tummy or aching body I have the fix for you! You can read all about it on my blog post,”Extra Extra! Naturally Healing The Common Cold” click HERE to read it.
You can stay healthier this year!