Let me say this in the quickest way possible. My family has some food intolerance issues. Someday I’ll blog about them but not today. In the mean time for any of you Mamapreneurs out there who cook allergy free here are some quick, simple and TASTY treats to add to your recipe box! BONUS only one of these recipes needs the oven the other two are cool treats for a hot summer! Make these and come back to tell me how they turned out for you or if you made modifications, I’d love to know that too! 🙂
Gluten / Nut / Dairy / Egg Free Protein Bars
Serving: 6-9 bars
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 2 cups raw sunflower seeds
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ – 2 tbsp water (slowly as needed)
- (Optional) Add in dried fruit or vegan chocolate chips after blending.
Add all ingredients to your food processor and pulse until blended.
Scrape into an 8×8 baking dish and spread out evenly.
Chill until set, about two hours, before cutting into four pieces.
Allergy Friendly Black Bean Brownies
- 1 can black beansdrained + rinsed (I use dried black beans that I have cooked using the *crockpot)
- 1 medium ripe banana
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup Honey
- 1/2 cup smooth sunflower seed butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4-1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tsp espresso powder (skip if you want to avoid the caffeine)
- (Optional) 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips, dried fruit or nuts
I preheated my oven to 350 degrees F.
Toss all but the optional items into food processor and blend until well combined, folded in the optional items, and then spread into a well oiled oven safe dish like a square brownie dish, and let bake for 25-35 minutes.
Let them cool for a half hour before slicing. They will be moist inside.
Store extras in fridge. They are yummy with a dollop of coconut or regular whipcream!
*Crockpot Directions. Do this at least 6 hours before making the brownies. Take 1-2 cups of black beans rinse. Place in crockpot cover beans and add 2 inches of water over beans. Cook in crockpot for 4-6 hours on high. Drain into strainer in sink. Measure beans out for recipe, use any extra for other recipes or a snack!
Serving: 6-9 cookies
- 1 cup dates
- 1 cup dried banana or favorite no sugar added dried fruit
- 2 cups raw sunflower seeds
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 heaping teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 heaping teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1-2 Tbsp water for binding together if needed
- (Optional) Have fun and add ½ cup of dried fruits, coconuts, nuts, seeds or vegan chocolate chips to make a variety of yummy snacks!
- 1/4 cup date or coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
Add first seven ingredients (NOT optional ingredients) to your food processor and process until a dough forms. Fold in the optional ingredients.
Mix date/coconut sugar with cocoa powder in separate bowl.
Roll 2 tablespoons of the dough into a ball, roll in date sugar / cocoa powder mix then press to form a cookie. Dust in sugar/cocoa powder mix again if needed. Place on a freezer safe dish or pan.
Freeze for 15-30 mins. Eat when ready!
Store in an airtight container in freezer or fridge. They stay fresh for months in the freezer.
Strive For Progress!