Once again I did not get a chance to make a meal plan before it was time to buy groceries. I was crazy busy last week and did not get a chance to figure out a menu. By Saturday I found myself at the store with no menu or list. I went for the “fast food” in my house most of it is just the American twist on other cultures foods. The only thing missing from this plan is hot dogs and beer, which I might do next Saturday night!! Remember all blue words are links to recipes ;)
Total spent at the grocery store, for this meal plan, buying all organic, was $122!!! GROOVY!
Favorite Meal Of Last Week…
Okay my FAVORITE meal was made for company and I did not get a picture of it but here is the menu from last week: Caprese Panzanella Salad (recipe coming soon), Short Rib Lasagna Rolls, Mae’s Chocolate Chip Cake With Coconut Cream Frosting! Oh it was SOOOO good!!! YUM YUM YUMMMMMY! Last week’s meal plan was spectacular! Everything I made was amazing! I did get pictures of our other favorite meal of last week and it was the Meatloaf Parmesan, I added Irresistible Garlic Bread (My sister in law told me to slice ciabatta bread in half lengthwise, spread half butter and half mayo on each side of a loaf, sprinkle about 1/2 -1 Tbsp garlic powder on each side, layer each side with parmesan and broil in oven till cheese is melted and bubbly). I also made Sautéed Zucchini (slice zucchini into bite size pieces saute in olive oil add salt and pepper to taste, crush up 1-2 tsp dried oregano with your hands and sprinkle over zucchini while cooking. It’s ready when tender). Spectacular! You HAVE to try this meatloaf out it was seriously out of this world YUM! And the leftovers would make a killer sandwich! Thanks again Giada!
- Breakfast – Hub’s has been mixing Bob’s Red Mill 10 Grain Hot Cereal & Bob’s Red Mill Muesli mmm it’s so good!
- Lunch - Coffee Shop on the way home from Church!
- Dinner – Chips n Cheese: Tortilla chips with shredded cheese melted on top. Add salsa, avocado, and tomatoes.
- Breakfast – Gluten Free Banana Blueberry Muffins! YUM! I used Pamela’s Muffin recipe adding bananas, blueberries and I add 1 tsp xanthan gum to every cup of flour I use. I made a quadruple batch and ended up with 18 good sized muffins.
- Lunch - Smoothies
- Dinner – Gluten Free Burritos
- Breakfast - Bob’s Red Mill Scottish Oatmeal
- Lunch - Smoothies
- Dinner – Hamburgers with homemade buns yum!
- Breakfast - Granola I add my own touches to Alton Brown’s recipe
- Lunch - Baked Sweet Potatoes with butter and honey.
- Dinner - Pamela’s Pancakes! (I like to add buttermilk in place of water when I have it)
- Breakfast – Leftover Pancakes
- Lunch – Leftovers
- Dinner – Homemade Pizza (here is a good place to find a recipe) with fresh mushrooms, basil, tomatoes and green peppers on top!
- Breakfast - Bob’s Red Mill Muesli, cooked
- Lunch – Smoothies
- Dinner – Mae’s Mac, Noodles with shredded parmesan and mozzarella mixed the noodles while hot so the cheese melts, splash of cream, a drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper to taste, 1 tsp tomato paste, add sliced olives and fresh basil. Mix and YUM!
- Breakfast – Local Coffee Shop
- Lunch - PB and J’s
- Dinner – Date Night or Hot Dogs???
Mmm I can’t wait to eat! What’s on your plan this week? Tell me in a comment below and share links if you have them, I am always looking for more ideas!
Did you like this post? Tell others and Pin It on Pinterest! Push the “Pin It” button below!