You might have noticed I did not post a plan as I had intended last week. Unfortunately I never did put one together. That was a mistake! We had a very unbalanced week for food. I have been planning weekly meals for months now and occasionally I miss a week and remember why it’s so important for me to plan! We had a lot of pancakes, waffles, pizza, and smoothies last week. Some how, AMAZINGLY, I was able to lose a pound while swimming through all those carbs! HA! Needless to say, I was more then happy to sit down this last weekend and plan my week of meals again!
This week’s meal plan will set our mouths travelling around the world! In honor of St. Patrick’s Day we started out with a tasty Irish inspired meal! I made Shepard’s Pie, Soda-Bread biscuits and Chocolate Stout cupcakes. We started in Ireland, we will visit Asia, dash over to the United States, back to Italy and make a “return” trip to Mexico! You’ll notice I am re-making a mexican dish from two weeks ago, it was SOOO DELISH! I am looking forward to our travels, although I wish we really were traveling! I need a vacation!!! Please remember all the blue words are links to the recipe sources. Alright it’s time to fasten your seat belts, here we go….
Favorite Meal Of The Week…
I wanted to take our tongues to Ireland for the St. Patrick’s Day holiday but was more then happy to leave cabbage OUT of it! Not sure how you do with cabbage but to be honest it sends my gut floating like a hot air ballon! When I saw this Shepard’s Pie recipe I new it was meant to be! I realize the actual recipe calls for “veggie meat” but we love real beef so I browned real beef in the pan, transferred it out until the recipe called for veggie meat then I added the beef back in. This recipe was splendid! The Soda-Bread Biscuits turned out a little dry, think I will add some more buttermilk next time (or find a new recipe!). The Chocolate Stout Cupcakes were SOOOO good and I even forgot the sour cream! They were super delish with the cream cheese frosting, this recipe is a must try! St. Patties day may be over but I think you better grab yourself some Guinness, these recipes and cook yourself a homemade Ireland inspired meal! YUM YUM YUM!!!
- Breakfast – Oatmeal
- Lunch – Smoothies
- Dinner – 1st stop Ireland! Shepherd’s Pie, Soda-Biscuits, Chocolate Stout Cupcakes (all from Food Network) and Guinness of course! Ierland
- Breakfast - Bob’s Red Mill Muesli, cooked.
- Lunch – Smoothies
- Dinner – Leftovers (OH HOW I LOVE LEFTOVERS, especially on a crazy busy day!)
- Breakfast – Pamela’s Pancakes! (I like to add buttermilk in place of water when I have it)
- Lunch - Smoothies
- Dinner – 2nd stop Asia! Soba Noodles with Sweet Ginger Scallion Sauce by Simply Reem (YAY for Pinterest!)
- Breakfast - Granola I add my own touches to Alton Brown’s recipe
- Lunch – Cooked noodles with fresh shredded parmesan, little olive oil, salt and chopped basil.
- Dinner – 3rd stop USA! Pulled Chicken Sandwiches. Another recipe you’ll have to wait for
- Breakfast – Coffee Shop
- Lunch – PB&J’s
- Dinner – Leftovers!
- Breakfast - Bob’s Red Mill 10 Grain Hot Cereal YUM!!!
- Lunch – Smoothies
- Dinner – 4th stop Italy! Pasta Primavera by Food Network (If you read HERE Pasta Primavera is actually an American-Italian dish)
- Breakfast – Cinnamon Rolls – I’ll post a recipe for these easy lil rolls soon!
- Lunch - Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches
- Dinner – 5th stop, our return trip to Mexico! Tortilla, Bean and Cheese Casserole by Marcela Valladolid (These lil beans tasted like a better homemade version of Taco Bell’s pinto’s and cheese!!! Yum!)
Mmm I can’t wait to eat! What’s on your plan this week? Tell me in a comment below and share links if you have them, I am always looking for more ideas!
Did you like this post? Tell others and Pin It! Push the “Pin It” button below!