This week my extended family is vacationing at our favorite beach in the world! A sweet little hideaway along Seven Mile beach in the Grand Cayman Islands. Hubs and I decided not to go this year for a variety of reason. We do miss those white sandy beaches and time with our family but we have plenty of things keeping us busy at home including 80 degree weather! I did a lot of spring cleaning this week, even got my flower pots planted and garage cleaned out! SO thankful for the house that cleans it self! Check out my “Home Organization” category to find out more! One of our favorite things about the beach is the food! Who doesn’t love tropical fruits, a tasty catch from the sea and coconut galore?! Well if you are stuck at home this week and pining for tropical tastes then you have come to the right place! I have a variety of flavors for you to take your taste buds to the white sands of a tropical hideaway! So sit back, grab your pina coloda and sway in your hammock as you drift off to the flavors of the beach…
Favorite Meal of Last Week…
Our favorite meal was hands down the cinnamon rolls I made with coconut oil and Coconut Cream Cream Cheese Frosting! This Wednesday I am going to have a recipe round up so you will get your hands on the recipe then! Sorry for the cell phone quality picture but I was so hungry I didn’t want to take a perfect shot! 🙂
- Breakfast – “MikeGriddles” Our version of the McDonalds “McGriddle” Daddy makes small pancakes, fried eggs and sausage. We sandwich them together and drizzle with maple syrup, YUM!!!
- Lunch – Leftover Pizza
- Dinner – Hamburgers with BBQ sauce and grilled pineapple, ice cream fruit bars from Dryers. It was 80 today, we had to indulge! We also eat a similar coconut ice cream bar when in the Caymans! Hamburgers are on the menu to remind us of one of our favorite Cayman restaurants Margaritaville, we even listened to Margaritaville on our XM radio while we ate.
- Breakfast – Bob’s Red Mill Scottish Oatmeal topped with Pineapple Coconut Crisp (recipe coming THIS Wednesday)
- Lunch – Smoothies (did you see the start of my smoothie series yet?! CLICK HERE)
- Dinner – Crockpot Butter Chicken with Rice and a side of sliced papayas (recipe coming THIS Wednesday)
- Breakfast – A repeat of yesterday to use up the pineapple crisp! Bob’s Red Mill Scottish Oatmeal topped with Pineapple Coconut Crisp (recipe coming THIS Wednesday)
- Lunch – Leftovers
- Dinner – Seared Tuna with Mango Salsa served with Jasmine Rice (we eat A LOT of rice at the beach) My mom informed me a few days ago that one of our friends in the Caymans delivered a fresh catch of Tuna to their condo so this recipe is dedicated to Mr. James! 🙂
- Breakfast – Coffee Shop
- Lunch – Smoothie (working on a pina colada smoothie today, recipe coming in the next smoothie post!)
- Dinner – BLT Sandwich Salad. So this recipe is in here because our lunches in the Caymans usually consist of sandwich meat, cheese and bread with chips and fruit. I did not want to eat those for lunch this week so instead I thought it would be fun to come up with a creative dinner in thought of Cayman lunches. Enjoy!
- Breakfast – Coffee Shop!
- Lunch – Leftovers
- Dinner – Homemade Fish and Chips! (recipe coming THIS Wednesday)
- Breakfast – My famous coconut pancakes! This is EASY! Take your favorite pancake recipe and dump 1-2 cups of flaked coconut in batter, it’s also tasty to add crushed pineapple!
- Lunch – Smoothies
- Dinner – Rum-Glazed Spare Ribs (to keep costs down I think I will use this as a steak marinade, ribs are spendy!) my sides will be rice, papaya and possibly a little side salad. I will also be making a Coconut Pineapple Cheesecake with Coconut Rum from our last trip to the Caymans! I will post this recipe once it is perfected and I PROMISE it will be by next week! You will NOT want to miss out on this lil piece of paradise!
- Breakfast – Mango Coconut Scones (another one of my creations that I have not created yet, watch for the recipe when I post the cake recipe)
- Lunch – Smoothies
- Dinner – Leftovers
Mmm I can’t wait to eat! What’s on your plan this week? Tell me in a comment below and share links if you have them, I am always looking for more ideas!
This post was linked up to www.abowlfulloflemons.blogspot.com go check out her fun and informative blog!!!