This week I decided to take a walk back down my vegetarian past. My husband and I were vegetarian when first married. I gradually added meat in as cooking became more of a passion for me and I wanted to try new things. This week I am taking our meals back to our roots. I wanted to create an inspiring all vegetarian menu for any of you who like to avoid meat. If I get enough interest from this post in the form of pins and comments then I will venture into some other specialty diet menus once a month. Diets like raw, paleo and grain-free come to mind. Give me feedback and let me know if you are interested in any of those diets. I do not have a “favorite meal” of last week to share. I can barely remember last week, it was crazy, CRAZY busy for me! I am hoping that you enjoy this weeks menu plan! So far Sunday’s meal was a HIT and SUPER-DUPER tasty!!! YUM! Money spent on this meal plan at the grocery store for all organic was $165. Please remember that any orange lettering are links to sources! Enjoy!
- Breakfast – Rolled Oats
- Lunch – PB & J’s
- Dinner – Fruit Crumble (I used this recipe but did not have rhubarb so I used 2 lbs of tart apples, 1/2 – 1 cup blueberries, and 1 package of strawberries), coconut milk whip cream, Morning Star Farms Sausages and scrambled eggs.
- Breakfast – Bob’s Red Mill Scottish Oatmeal
- Lunch - Smoothies (I know I am “owing” you all some smoothie recipes, stay tuned it’s coming!!!)
- Dinner – Veggie Ramen: This blog post is where I got my inspiration.
- Breakfast - Gluten Free Banana Blueberry Muffins! YUM! I used Pamela’s Muffin recipe adding bananas, blueberries and I add 1 tsp xanthan gum to every cup of flour I use. I made a quadruple batch and ended up with 18 good sized muffins.
- Lunch - Smoothies
- Dinner – Tacos! I am using crocked pinto beans (add hot water to 2 cups rinsed pinto beans in the crock pot, cover beans with the water cook on high 4-6 hours)
- Breakfast – Leftover Muffins
- Lunch - Leftovers Tacos
- Dinner – Broccoli – Cheddar Pockets (I will use my homemade pizza dough recipe)
- Breakfast – Coffee Shop!
- Lunch – Smoothies
- Dinner – Leftovers
- Breakfast - Bob’s Red Mill 10 Grain Hot Cereal
- Lunch – Smoothies
- Dinner – 40-Minute Hamburger Buns (these are REALLY good and REALLY easy!) and Easy Sweet Potato Veggie Burger and parsnip fries (cut parsnips up into “fries”, coat with flour, drizzle with salt and oil, bake at 375 stirring every 10-15 mins till tender)
- Breakfast – Local Coffee Shop
- Lunch - Leftovers
- Dinner – Homemade Pitas and Hummus
Mmm I can’t wait to eat! What’s on your plan this week? Tell me in a comment below and share links if you have them, I am always looking for more ideas!
Did you like this post? Tell others and Pin It on Pinterest! Push the “Pin It” button below!