I am taking off tomorrow for the FABULOUS state of New York! I will even get to visit the city! I am so looking forward to some time away from my beautiful little family. I will miss them so much but after nine years of pregnancy, diapers, nursing, “MOMMY!!”, etc I am taking a “Mom-cation!” My parents invited me on a trip to New York for a family wedding. The wedding is black tie and taking place at a castle. I have never been so excited to leave town then now! I get to go be an adult for five days! I have a feeling I will be MORE then happy to leave adult life and come back to the comfort of my three adorable kiddo’s and amazing hubby but for now I am looking forward to a taste of grown up life!
My hero of a hubby is going to have our three kiddlets by himself for five days! He has not had three alone over night yet, two (before our third was born) but not all three. He is amazing so I am not worried at all! I do not want to leave him hungry and in a mess though! So over the last two days I have been busy! He has a clean house, a freezer full of meals and empty laundry baskets! He should be set to have a fun time with the kids!
This menu plan was inspired by “Once A Month Mom” click HERE to find out more. With the “Once A Month Mom” July 5 day freezer meals plan I was able to get five days of meals cooked/prepped and in the freezer in three hours! Totally worth it! Vegan, vegetarian, special diet, organic only? There are menu’s for you too! I love the site and I encourage you to try it yourself! (Remember the blue words are links to the recipes.) Enjoy!
- Breakfast – 10 Grain Hot Cereal
- Lunch – Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches
- Dinner – Creamy Chicken Casserole
- Breakfast – Scottish Oatmeal mixed with cooked Bob’s Red Mill Muesli
- Lunch – Mac and Cheese
- Dinner – Leftovers
- Breakfast – Coffee Shop
- Lunch - Smoothies (Have you seen my smoothie posts? CLICK HERE)
- Dinner – Mexican Stuffed Shells
- Breakfast – Rolled Oats
- Lunch – Leftovers
- Dinner – Burgers In A Bag: I took 1lb of burger made four patties (I season my meat with salt, pepper, olive oil, italian herbs and freshly grated parmesan) placed each patty between wax paper and placed them in a freezer baggy, I put the patties, burger buns and sweet potato fries in a paper bag and labeled it “burgers in a bag”.
Keep up with my New York trip on my Facebook page! I will be posting updates and pictures of my trip there. I hope you enjoyed today’s post! Have a great day!