I recently ran across this movement called “Clean Eating”. As I researched it a bit I kind of chuckled to myself. Apparently we must put a label on eating healthy now because basically “clean eating” is just another way to say, eat organic, non-processed foods with more of a protein influence. I am sure there is more to it then that but from what I could tell this was the basics of it. I found a great website, www.cleaneatingmag.com, with tons of great clean eating recipes Most of the recipes from this plan link back to there. Everything we ate was DELSIH! You just can’t go wrong with good, healthy food! Even the brownies were a HUGE hit! YUM!!! Enjoy!
please note that all the wording in orange are links to check out, thanks!
- Breakfast – Granola This one looks good —> Tropical Beach Granola
- Lunch – Cheesy-dita (our name for it at our house) Tortilla with shredded cheese broiled till melty then add tomato and spinach YUM!
- Dinner – Baked Ziti with Creamy Kale with steamed broccoli (FYI: I used So Delicious unsweetened coconut milk instead of 1% and it turned out great!)
- Breakfast – Bob’s Red Mill Muesli
- Lunch – Leftovers from last night’s dinner
- Dinner – Pancakes with apples rhubarb topping and organic chicken apple sasages. I took four stalks of rhubarb and 3-4 apples, chopped drizzled with raw honey, sprinkled 1/4 cup whole wheat flour over them, 1/4 cup water mixed up. Put it all in a baking dish and baked at 370 degrees for 30-45 mins (till tender and juicy). Took it out, cooled for a few mins then stirred it up. It was AMAZING over the pancakes! YUM!
- Breakfast – Blueberry Apricot Breakfast Bars (we also used these as a snack through the week)
- Lunch – Leftovers
- Dinner – FAVORITE DINNER OF THE WEEK! Southwestern Cheddar Fries & Marinated Steak with salad and Sweet Potato Brownies (I used pumpkin puree that I had in the freezer from last fall)
- Breakfast – Baked Apples and granola (to make these cleaner add Sucanat or Raw Honey instead of brown sugar and coconut oil instead of butter)
- Lunch – PB & J
- Dinner – Fusion Enchiladas
- Breakfast – Scottish Oatmeal
- Lunch – Leftovers
- Dinner – Coconut Crusted Oven Baked Chicken Tenders with Quinoa Party Salad
- Breakfast – Clean Eating Scones
- Lunch – Tomato sandwiches. Sourdough bread with Veganaise, tomato slices, one slice of cheese and greens.
- Dinner – Spaghetti and Meatballs with salad
did you like this post? if so please click the “pin it” button below to share with others on pinterest! you can also share this with others on facebook! thank you so much!